– Polar opposites such as metal and wood are a great example of how different materials can come together to help you create a cohesive kitchen interior with clear boundaries and zones. Different textures, colour palettes and clever space planning will all help define your living kitchen space in 2019, as the aim is to ensure maximum usability without affecting the rooms’ overall aesthetic.
– We predict a two-tone colour palette is the key to interior fashions this year, with warm woods combined with natural blond timber able to bridge the gap between your kitchen and living areas. This can sit alongside shades of black and grey which you can offset with accents of ultra-pure white and a host of off-white neutrals like taupe, muslin and caramel which are transferable across both kitchen and living interiors.
– Atypical design and furniture arrangements are set to dominate the modern home this year, supporting the fact that the kitchen has become less independent and more open to the rest of our homes. This has inevitably led to a more thoughtful approach to kitchen design, allowing the furniture to no longer take on its expected form: like a kitchen island that actually looks like a dining table!
– Contrasting storage solutions is a great way to create a happy working environment in your kitchen that is practical and beautiful. By combining a clever mix of open and display furniture in a range of rewarding materials, you will be able to clearly define your work and social areas and ensure your everyday appliances, cookware and ingredients remain in reach, yet out of sight.
– A modular workstation that is designed to be open on two sides, include a cantilevered breakfast bar or integral table top is a great solution for adding a dining area in your kitchen, removing the need for a full dining set with freestanding table and chairs. Not only will this style of modular kitchen island unit create a natural overhang for bar style seating, it will also ensure efficient space planning by not encroaching on your kitchen or living areas.
– Why not coordinate your kitchen furniture with a full height living room storage wall or clever room divide to separate the kitchen, dining and living areas? 2019 kitchen trends predict multi-room design will become even more widespread, allowing your choice of kitchen furniture to be applied in other rooms of the home, to give you a truly coordinated design scheme that ‘challenge the senses’ and offers complete design independence.
So what are you waiting for? Let Hubble make your kitchen, the new hub of your home.